Terms & Conditions
The Tengri Textile Innovation Award (the “Award”) is initiated by Tengri Ltd, a company formed to bring yak noble fibres to the forefront of the global fashion and textiles industries, registered office at 34B York Way, London, N1 9AB, UK (company 08959803). Tengri creates sustainable luxury knitwear and yarns from Khangai Noble Yarns – Mongolian yak fibres that are as soft as cashmere, warmer than merino wool, breathable and hypoallergenic.
The Award seeks to discover and champion emerging textile designers pioneering innovative and unique ways of textile fabrication – demonstrating a reworking of traditional techniques in a contemporary way. We want to support the next generation of talent to join the Tengri movement by supporting designers to develop commercially viable and sustainable textiles products that can create systematic change in the industry.
- 1.1 The Award is open to textile design graduates who have been awarded their degree within 9 months of the Award applications opening and who wish to continue to explore and develop an innovative approach to textiles.
- 1.2 Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be required to be available for interviews with the judging panel (via Skype) on a date between 10–14 September 2018.
- 1.3 By participating, Applicants are deemed to have read and agreed to these Terms and Conditions.
- 1.4 To participate in the Award, each Applicant must submit – via the application form on the Tengri website and any other information and documents specified on the application form (“Application”) in time. The deadline for Applications is 31st August 2018, 11:59pm GMT. Applications received after this time shall not be considered. Incomplete Applications will not be considered.
- 1.5 All Applications must be in English. Any applications submitted in other languages will not be considered.
- 1.6 Tengri reserves the right to exclude any Applicant and any Application from the Award at any time, for any reason and without prior notice.
2. Intellectual Property Rights
- 2.1 Submitted Applications, including any material related designs, drawings, concepts or samples shall remain the sole property of Applicant.
- 2.2 Each Applicant shall have the sole responsibility for securing any potential intellectual property rights relating to the Application. Tengri shall not be liable for any costs incurred or loss, damage, injury, expense or liability suffered by any Applicant in relation to any failure to successfully secure any intellectual property rights related to the Application as a result of participation in the Awards.
- 2.3 Each Applicant warrants that all information provided with its Application is true, complete and accurate and its application is its own original creation and that it is the sole author and proprietor of the Application.
- 2.4 Each Applicant's Application does not infringe on any third-party (intellectual property) rights. It has not sold, assigned or otherwise transferred and/or granted any rights in the Application to any third-party prior to entering the Award.
- 2.5 Each Applicant shall indemnify and hold harmless Tengri against any loss, damage or expense that Tengri may incur as a result of any breach by the Applicant of this provision.
- 2.6 By participating, the Applicant acknowledges that:
- (a) the Application may contain ideas, materials, and concepts similar to those which have been or may at some time in the future be developed and/or implemented by Tengri, (b) any similarities are potentially unavoidable and coincidental due to of the volume of ideas that Tengri may be exposed to and ultimately pursue in line with business activities, (c) the Applicant will not be entitled to any compensation based on use by the Tengri of any materials or concepts similar to those included within any Application, and (d) the Applicant hereby waives any claim with respect to use by Tengri of any such similar materials or concepts, including, but not limited to, any claim that the use of same concepts by Tengri infringes any intellectual property or similar rights the Applicant may have in any content submitted as part of the Application.
- 2.7 Tengri shall not be liable for any late, lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or illegible Applications.
3. Data Protection
- 3.1 Through the Applicant’s Application and in the course of the Award, Tengri and any third-party service providers it may use in connection with the Award may receive and process personal data of the Applicant – including, but not limited to, any personal data of such persons appearing or mentioned in any Application or in any footage (stills and videos) taken during any stage of the Award, within the meaning of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. In particular, Tengri, its affiliates and its third-party service providers will take photographs and video footage of the Applicants during the various stages of the Award. By participating Applicants explicitly grant their consent to having these photographs and video materials taken of them in the various stages of the Award. By participating Applicants further explicitly grant Tengri and its affiliates the rights to use such taken footage in the manner as further described in these Terms and Conditions.
- 3.2 Applicants grant Tengri and its affiliates the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to publish and use in connection with the Award, their personal data, including any personal data of such persons appearing or mentioned in any Application or in any footage (stills and videos), such as their name, country of origin, videos, photographs in any and all media, including but not limited to the internet and publicity material, without limitation and without compensation to the Applicants.
- 3.3 Applicants agree to fully cooperate with and participate in all publicity and promotional activities and/or press conferences regarding their participation in the Award and/or their Applications.
- 3.4 Applicants agree not to engage in any conduct that is damaging to the name and/or reputation of Tengri, the Award and/or other Applicants, including but not limited to bringing such name or reputation into any disrepute or ridicule.
- 3.5 Applicants agree not to make any public announcements or take part in any media coverage regarding their participation in the Award and/or their Applications without the prior written consent of Tengri.
4. Selection and Judging Process
- 4.1 All Applications shall be evaluated and judged based on equal weight: (a) creativity and innovation applied to a traditional technique; (b) quality of submission; (c) potential to commercialise.
- 4.2 Applicants may be required to provide further information to assist the judging panel.
- 4.3 The final number of shortlisted applicants and winners is at the sole discretion of Tengri and its judging panel and depends on the quantity of Applications submitted. The shortlisted Applicants shall be notified via email. Any dates and timelines of the entire Award might be slightly modified at Tengri’s sole discretion.
- 4.4 Shortlisted applicants are required to be available on a date between 10–14 September 2018 for a Skype interview (final dates and times to be confirmed between the Applicant and Tengri).
- 4.5 All decisions made by Tengri are final and binding.
5. The Prize
- 5.1 The prize will be awarded to the Winner(s) by Tengri. The prize consists of a total value of £1000 GBP (£500 yarn sponsorship and £500 cash prize) awarded at Tengri’s sole discretion. Prize money may be paid to the Winner no later than 30 November 2018.
- 5.2 The awarding of Prize money to the Winner(s) is subject to the following conditions to be fulfilled by each Winner:
- 5.2.1 Each Winner shall bear any applicable tax on the Prize money awarded;
- 5.2.2 Tengri may at its sole discretion refuse to award the Prize money to any Winner who fails to comply wholly or in part with any of these Terms and Conditions. Tengri further reserves the right to refuse to award any part of the Prize or the whole Prize in case awarding the prize to a Winner would be non-compliant with laws applicable to such Winner.
6. Additional Terms
- 6.1 Confidentiality - All information supplied by either party to the other and identified as confidential by the recipient shall be kept strictly confidential by the recipient and shall not be disclosed to any third-party without the other's prior written consent. The obligations of confidentiality in these Terms and Conditions shall remain in force after expiry or termination or any relationship between Applicants and Tengri.
- 6.2 Intellectual Property - All intellectual property associated with the Tengri brand, supply chain, processes and all other relevant elements of our business will remain ours. Applicants have no right to use our IP such as the Tengri trademark without written permission.
- 6.3 Tengri shall be entitled to modify each of the Terms and Conditions and/or to impose new rules and regulations in respect of the Award at any time for any reason, without prior notice and without any liability whatsoever. The modified and/or newly imposed Terms and Conditions will be effective immediately upon being posted on the Application form website.
- 6.4 Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as creating any employment, agency, partnership or joint venture relationship between Tengri on the one hand and any Applicant, including the Finalists and the Winners, on the other hand.
- 6.5 Should any provision of these Terms and Conditions deem unenforceable, void or otherwise prove invalid, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall remain fully enforceable.
Law and jurisdiction
- 7.1 The Award and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law.
- 7.2 Any dispute arising from or relating to the Award and/or these Terms and Conditions shall be submitted to the English courts who have exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any arising disputes.